- The Book of Common Prayer
- Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman
- The Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster
- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
- War on the Saints by Jessie Penn-Lewis
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
One of the many things Brenda and Ingrid mutually share is their love for Jesus and their faith in God. In this episode of On the Front Porch, these friends talk about spiritual practices, habits, disciplines, and resources that have strengthened their faith and are currently enriching their walk with Jesus Christ.
Though they come from different faith backgrounds, Brenda and Ingrid share spiritual principles they have much in common and how these practices draw them closer to God.
Among the resources they talk about in the episode are:
They also mention individuals whose voices speak to them today, but encourage you to discern and decide for yourself what voices in Christianity God is leading you to listen to.
The women share what constitutes their personal daily “quiet times” and suggest ways to draw closer to God in this busy, tumultuous time.