There’s revival in our area, one that’s gaining national attention. 32oo people gather for a weeknight event. 52 days of prayer, community outreach, and sharing the gospel. 600 kids going into the community on a school day that’s excused by public high schools.
We’ve been involved. Lots to say, so here are ten things I’ve learned from revival.
1. Revival means the church has to be revived – which implies it’s dead.
2. Revival starts in your own heart.
3. Humility brings healing.
4. When you expect God to work, He will.
5. Bold prayers in His will for His glory brings unexpected outcomes.
6. The Holy Spirit desires to work when you open the door and allow Him to work.
7. Unity is beautiful, exclusiveness is not.
8. The gospel is simple to share.
9. People are hungry for God.
10. God is bigger than fear.
I could expand on these, but each of them is big in themselves. Think through each one. Take it to the Lord, and ask Him how you can be a part of bringing His glory to your community.
I’m doing that through a prayer initiative for public schools in Indiana, of whom have been under attack for several years now.
I’m also asking God to provide in many ways. Will you join me? How do you need a fresh work of God in your life or circumstances?
If you need a breath of freshness, join us in March for a retreat at the beautiful Blue Gate Garden Inn, Shipshewana, IN. On March 20-21, women will gather for “Secure In His Love” – a retreat I’ll be doing on finding our security in God, our relationships, and with ourselves. It’s non-denominational and will be a refreshing weekend. Complete information is listed here.
And here are some picture from “Got Laughter” – a recent, sold out event. What a great night of laughter and inspiration it was!
Where are you needing inspiration or revival? I’d love to hear from you!